In the wild, I often see Fedora described as a "semi-rolling" release. As a policy matter, the distribution promises to be mostly stable, but I find it increasingly hard to honestly present it as such.

As a couple of quick examples, I'd point out that in Fedora 35, Blender updated from 2.93 (an LTS version) to version 3. In Fedora 36, Emacs updated from version 27 to 28. I've read in the KDE Matrix channel that KDE will be updated in Fedora 36 to 5.26, even though it has already been updated from 5.24 -> 5.25 (my reading of the KDE update policy is that Fedora used to update all releases with every KDE release, but decided to stop). Firefox and Thunderbird get updates in most releases, even when they contain API-breaking changes (those really should have an explicit exception, IMHO.) I could offer more, but my point is simply that examples of updates in prominent packages isn't hard to find.

That's not necessarily to object to those changes (though I did have to do some minor fixes after the emacs update, and I grumbled quietly), and I don't want to disrupt users getting new features if that's what everyone actually wants. But, it does bother me that the documentation doesn't seem to reflect reality. I think that the documentation should offer users a realistic expectation of what they'll get from Fedora.

Does anyone else feel like the documentation should be updated, or am I making too much of this?