On Sun, 2022-12-04 at 21:06 -0600, Richard Shaw wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 4, 2022 at 6:32 PM Sérgio Basto <ser...@serjux.com>
> wrote:
> > Final statement, instead of wasting my time and energy on
> > arguments,
> > Imagemagick7 could already be built on rawhide if someone had done
> > the
> > package review for me
> >

> I understand the sentiment as another person who has donated 1000s of
> hours to packaging on Fedora, but the "default" package SHOULD be the
> current latest package. It' just part of "Fedora First".

You are wrong , the default packaging for gtk was gtk+, gtk2 , gtk3,
gtk4 . For wxGTK was wxGTK, wxGTK3 . For Python was python , python3 ,
and you have much more examples that I can remember now

The ImageMagick 6 series is officially supported until December of
2027.

ImageMagick was not maintained well since about 2018 , Redhat drop it
on el8 and was moved epel because in short and in my humble
interpretation,  gives much work to maintain and have many so bumps
 ( https://access.redhat.com/solutions/4437561  )

--
Sérgio M. B.