On Thu, 2022-12-08 at 15:42 +0000, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 8, 2022 at 12:31 PM Kevin Kofler via devel
> <devel@lists.fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>
> > IMHO, the web-based UI is a major mistake and should never be
> > shipped in
> > Fedora.
>
> As I am sure you are aware, it seems a number of distros
> are experimenting with their next gen installer.  OpenSUSE
> has their new web based D-installer,
The OpenSUSE effort is very close on the library/tooling level - they
also use PatternFly/React/Cockkpit to build their Web UI, pretty much
like we do for the Anaconda Web UI.

>  and Canonical is
> writing an installer in flutter.
>
> While I have not personally tried them out, so don't have
> any real opinion in whether they are good approaches,
> maybe eventually some of the good ideas from all the
> distros next generations of installer will eventually cross
> pollinate even though we likely all agree that there will
> not be one installer to rule them all.
Agreed! I would hope it could help with say extending PatternFly
widgets or some Cockpit tooling to better cover some installation
specific use cases, more people looking into library/tooling bugs
affecting installers, etc.