On Sat, Dec 17, 2022, 20:59 Florian Weimer <fwei...@redhat.com> wrote:

> It looks like COPR always produces 1 for %autorelease.  Is this a known
> issue?  Is there a way around it?
>
> Here's a build that shows this:
>
>   <
> https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/fweimer/modernc-1/build/5152562/>
>
> Thanks,
> Florian

The problem is that rpmautospec can only determine correct release and
changelog when run in a dist-git repo, which might not be available when in
COPR. There should be at least two ways to work around this, I think:

1. Upload an SRPM file that was already pre-processed (i.e. the file
produced by "fedpkg srpm"). It has correct Release and %changelog baked
into it.

2. When using dist-git as package source directly, there should be a way to
configure COPR to use "fedpkg srpm" to build the srpm file instead of
fedpkg-minimal (or whatever COPR uses by default, which doesn't support
rpmautospec). That should also produce srpm with correct Release and
%changelog (though I have not tested this).

Hope that helps.

Fabio

PS: Sorry for possibly weird formatting. Writing this on my phone, I'm not
at my PC this weekend.