* Miro Hrončok:

> On 21. 12. 22 11:02, Florian Weimer wrote:
>> Is there a lightweight tool to take the repository generated by
>> %autosetup -S, with some new commits on to top, and turn that into a
>> spec file update?  That is, generated the new patches, and make a
>> conservative change to the spec file?
>
> We have this https://github.com/fedora-python/importpatches/
>
> But it has been created to scratch our own inch and is far from being
> a general purpose tool.

We have glibc-git-to-patches for this:

  <https://pagure.io/glibc-maintainer-scripts/tree/master>

It tries to preserve patch contents completely, and also does not
re-diff if there are only immaterial changes (e.g., in the abbreviated
object hashes).  But its heuristics are not a good match to -S git.

And of course I assumed that patch numbers, not patch names, are the
central patch identifier when writing our tools, but then RPM made patch
names optional. 8->

Thanks,
Florian