On Thu, Dec 22, 2022 at 10:46 AM Lennart Poettering
<mzerq...@0pointer.de> wrote:

> On Do, 22.12.22 06:38, Neal Gompa (ngomp...@gmail.com) wrote:
>
> > I have to think about what happens when the cat is out of the bag.
> > What I want is not necessarily a solution to this now, but a
> > commitment that someone will actively work on fixing these problems
> > *before* proposing the next phase and have it ready *before* making
> > any future proposals on UKIs. If you can't do that, I can't in good
> > faith consider incrementally supporting UKIs, because there's
> > effectively no plan to make them work as a future default way of
> > shipping the Linux kernel.
>
> BTW, you keep talking of "these" problems, and are extremely vague
> about those. I think I understood that you hit the NVRAM size limits
> before, by enrolling private certs?

Yes. Specifically for dealing with the NVIDIA driver, backports of
Intel network card drivers, OpenZFS, ELRepo modules, etc.

> What are those issues precisely? Did you file bugs? How many certs did
> you try to enroll? Or did you try to enroll hashes? Were was this
> dicussed?

Anywhere between 1 to 3 UEFI certs, representing different vendors
(machine-local, ELRepo, and OpenZFS).

> Without any of that the vagueness just constitutes FUD... Hence,
> please be more specific!

You know better than that. Stop it.