On 01.01.23 21:48, Jonathan Billings wrote:
On Wed, Aug 24, 2022 at 02:49:21PM +0100, Daniel P. Berrangé wrote:
I've done the same with all the mingw packages I maintained just
before Fedora 37 branched. So the following native packages now
just contain mingw sub-RPMs:

  libvirt, libvirt-glib, libosinfo, osinfo-db, osinfo-db-tools, gtk-vnc
I don't know if this is a bug in the spec or in the %find_lang RPM
macro, but I've noticed that these packages have files out of the
mingw sys-root included in the non-mingw packages:

$ find /usr/*mingw32/ -type f | xargs rpm -qf | sort -u
gvnc-1.3.0-5.fc37.x86_64
gvncpulse-1.3.0-5.fc37.x86_64
libosinfo-1.10.0-4.fc37.x86_64
libvirt-glib-4.0.0-6.fc37.x86_64
osinfo-db-tools-1.10.0-4.fc37.x86_64

All the files in those packages look like:
/usr/{arch}-w64-mingw32/sys-root/mingw/share/locale/{lang}/LC_MESSAGES/{package}.mo

There's a thread on the users list about the existence of
/usr/i686-w64-mingw32/ and /usr/x86_64-w64-mingw32/ directories on
systems without any mingw* packages installed, and it looks like on my
system it's all due to the most recent commits to these packages to
include mingw subpackages.

I suspect the %find_lang macro's shell script
(/usr/lib/rpm/find_lang.sh) needs to know not to include the mingw
sysroot, or at least filter it out as part of the spec file %install.
That is how the files are getting included in the non-mingw subpackages.
They have: %files -n ... -f %{name}.lang in the %files section.

This should be fixed as of [1] (plus [2]). Simply rebuilding the packages against a current mingw-filesystem should fix the issue.

[1] https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/mingw-filesystem/c/846156c1bda9bcff98c850714fa5da688a55e66a?branch=rawhide

[2] https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/mingw-filesystem/c/d897e0bb98731e5536c551be2cf401f1ced71138?branch=rawhide