I am wholely against this.

One of the primary reasons I use Fedora is because it only ships free
software repos by default. Indeed, the first of the Four Foundations is
Freedom, which explicitly lists these as part of the foundation:

  • “innovation in free and open source software that can equal or
     exceed closed source or proprietary solutions;

  • “and, a completely free project that anyone can emulate or copy in
     whole or in part for their own purposes.”

Providing nonfree packages out of the box ultimately promotes the use of
that nonfree software, which violates this foundation.

I agree that Fedora Flatpaks aren’t really successful, but the solution
is not enabling unfiltered Flathub.

Cheers,
--
DJ Chase