On 11/22/2010 09:44 AM, Genes MailLists wrote:
> On 11/22/2010 04:21 AM, Hans de Goede wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 11/22/2010 12:59 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
>

>>> It seems like what you want is actually not to have three releases at a
>>> time at all but to have one and update it constantly. And I actually
>>> rather suspect that would be a model that would work well for Fedora,
>>> and I'd like to look into adopting it.
>

>   I agree with the idea of a rolling release model - however I think we
> need to tune it for our needs - I think of it more closely to the kernel
> development model but not the same - we have a distro not a kernel.
>

>    (ii) Staging (or updates testing :-)

      * Also - seems staging may want/need a appropriate time limited
freeze period for final testing before the updates get moved to stable.

..

  I see Ubuntu is moving this way as well

        http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/11/23/darily_ubuntu_updates/

  Not that we should do what they do ... :-)

  But this may be a more resource efficient model for fedora.

  I think it would be really good for the experienced here to help flush
this out and come up with a solid model ...

  gene/