On 1/17/23 07:57, Tom Stellard wrote:
On 1/17/23 06:17, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
On 1/16/23 11:30 PM, Tom Stellard wrote:
-WX means treat warnings as errors.  It's possible the configure
check is failing for other reasons.  Is that the first check run
with -target aarch64-windows?  Do you have the full config.log?

Yes. I do not have the full log. This is from a Koji ARM builder.

Here's the parent Koji task:
https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=96232039

I did another scratch build and dumped the config.log:

https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//work/tasks/3616/96253616/build.log

It looks like the configure check is failing because of the --as-needed flag
which the linker does not support.  As a workaround you can add %undefine
_ld_as_needed
although this will impact the whole project, not just the cross compilation
parts.

I'll look into this.  I think it may be the case that --as-needed just doesn't
make
sense for the Windows file format, which could be why the linker doesn't accept
it.

It sounds like the option is not relevant for Windows.  See
https://reviews.llvm.org/D116484

-Tom