I have two packages which install identical files under the same name in the
same locations (/usr/share/icons/hicolor/256x256/mimetypes/ and the like). `dnf
install` does not warn about conflicts, `rpm -qf` shows both packages as owner,
`dnf erase`ing one leaves the files in place, erasing the last one erases the
file.

Now, this is all works better than I would have hoped for. Does this work by a
general mechanism (inclding checksumming), or is this special cased for the
mimetype icons, or an artefact of installing both packages within the same
install command?