On Wed, Jan 25, 2023 at 12:13 PM Miro Hrončok <mhron...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 25. 01. 23 11:50, Vít Ondruch wrote:
> > Reading the thread, I was afraid this will be the end result. Nevertheless,
> > given this would be used just for side-tags, is there a chance to exclude
> > side
> > tags from the policy? Who would handle such request?
> >
> > Although being able to modify one macro means also possibility to edit all
> > macros. Not sure this is desired. However one can achieve almost everything
> > by
> > changing .spec file, so that should not be blocker IMHO.

Or add an option that will mark/unmark the sidetag for bootstrapping,
i.e. option that will add only this specific bootstrap macro to the
sidetag and nothing more.

> I think the "commit the bootstrap conditional directly to bootstrap something"
> approach is much more transparent than "fiddling with macros in Koji to save
> myself one tiny commit" anyway.

It's one commit per package. If you rebuild more packages there may be
more things that need bootstrapping.

> -------
>
> To answer the original question, it can be done like this:
>
> 1. commit all commits and push them all
> 2. fedpkg request-side-tag
> 3. koji chain-build --nowait f38-build-side-66666
> 'git+https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/python3.12.git#fe95b37f25338c94bcfa2fb653e53b5262ec2812'
> : ..instert mid deps here... :
> 'git+https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/python3.12.git#1bc45ffecb2b268fb56fbdc61ceb0ff429168d19'

If there already are the boostrap conditionals in the specs the logic
progress is to have some support in the infra. Just manually reverting
the condition in the spec is, let's say not the optimal solution. Just
my two cents.