On Wed, 2023-02-01 at 10:12 -0800, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> Is there any way to pull the functionaly into the process itself?
> ie, the first time it's called, it converts the db?

        Hi,
the idea is to not depend on the libdb at all, neither in the build
time. I reworked the proposed change to conditionally (in the .spec
file) build the migration tool using static libdb, thus no pull in of
the libdb package itself. Something similar is used in the cyrus-sasl
Alexander pointed me to. It's much cleaner solution and it also lefts
everything under the user's control, which is for good.

I do not think there can be done the conversion on-the-fly, the
bogofilter is build with one or other DB engine, not with multiple.
Having wrapper scripts to convert the format is something I'd like to
avoid.

        Thanks and bye,
        Milan