On Wed, 8 Feb 2023 09:51:37 -0700
stan via devel <devel@lists.fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> lot of (any?) sound editing anymore.  Just for the challenge.  Maybe
> not. :-)

I see lots of other people have taken up the challenge, and reported
issues they found, but I thought I would update with my unsuccessful
results.

I downloaded the wxWidgets code from their site, and compiled it using
their instructions on f37.  Compiled easily, with only a warning about
missing midi support.  I installed it in /usr/local

When I tried to get tenacity to use it, though, I hit a dead end.  Even
though I set the environment variable WX_CONFIG to point to it, cmake
find_program kept finding the system version 3.0.4.  I assume it looks
there first, and once it finds it, it stops.  I tried the alternative of
building it as a subprogram with the tenacity source (the tenacity
build instructions helpfully pointed to this), but it was compiled as
3.0 compatible, and tenacity complained about too old a version of some
constructs.  I then gave up.