On Fri, Feb 17, 2023 at 10:17 AM Maxwell G <maxw...@gtmx.me> wrote:

> On Fri Feb 17, 2023 at 08:37 -0500, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 17, 2023 at 7:51 AM Andreas Schneider <a...@redhat.com> wrote:
> > > It downloads packages from the internet and doesn't use system rust
> > > packages.
>
> > ansible-core and awscli also install internal versions of what should
> > be separately published python modules,
>
> To be clear, it's RHEL/CentOS Stream's ansible-core package that does
> this. They include sdists of jinja2, markupsafe (neeeded by jinja2),
> packaging, pyparsing (needed by packaging), and resolvelib in the SRPM
> and build/install them into a special vendor directory that ansible adds
> to sys.path :(. Fedora's ansible-core's package does not do this, and I
> very much am not a fan of the practice.

Also "straightplugin".  I see your name in the %changelog for
ansible-core in Fedora, thanks for your work there. I based my
published SRPM code on Fedora. If you've successfully navigated the
Fedora submission process, which I've never managed, despite a few
attempts..... Would you care to help me walk through them? Or can I
feed you the needed .spec files  to get them into EPEL and possibly
help clean up the RHEL backports? I've some significant speedups and
improvements for the "ansible" package, as well, and I see your name
in the %changelog for that as well.