On Wed, Feb 22, 2023 at 04:44:29PM -0500, Neal Gompa wrote:
> > We could merge current repos into the newly created one from pungi, but
> > it would be a vast amount of work. It would mean all repodata would need
> > to be regenerated. That said, it could be done, but no one has had the
> > cycles to work on it.
> >

> Maybe we should just publish into Pulp and have them do that bit for
> us automatically. I wouldn't personally be comfortable with that until
> Pulp is available in Fedora for people to easily deploy, but I know
> the COPR folks are investigating it for their tooling. And the
> AlmaLinux folks use Pulp for their system for similar reasons.
>
> Pulp is designed to handle super-huge repositories like that.

I haven't looked at pulp in years... but back when I did it seemed
pretty complex and heavy, but sure we could look at it again. I suspect some
of the things we do wouldn't be to compatible, like bodhi injecting
security/bugfix/enhancement data into repodata after it's made.

In any case we don't have it now, so I still think dropping drpms for
now is the way to go.

kevin