On Thu, Feb 23, 2023 at 5:54 PM Matthew Miller <mat...@fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> The "good news" is that Red Hat has announced a move away from Bugzilla for
> future products. (They're going to Jira.) RH Bugzilla isn't officially shut
> down, but its days are numbered. We need to come up with something else.

"Good" is in the eyes of the beholder.

I can't say I am enamoured of bugzilla (any variant),
but it has been basically an adequate solution.

Having a "one pane of glass" view of both RH EL and
Fedora bugs/issues (which are sometimes related)
is something I am concerned will be lost when RH
moves issues to jira (and I really don't look forward
to having to look two different places for possible
bug reports or resolutions).

I seem to recall that some of the Fedora people were
talking about creating a document that would show
what "we" use bugzilla for so that a future issue/bug
tracker solution (whatever that might be) could be
evaluated and any prep work needed to potentially
unhook Fedora's procedures/processes from bugzilla
could be started early (should the eventual chosen
solution not be able to provide those features).
Did that happen, and if so, where is it located?
And does the document capture other wants/desires
for new/dropped functionality?