Excellent, thank you. no, I am not planning to maintain EPEL branches.

On Sunday, February 26, 2023 at 07:53:08 PM CST, Alexander Ploumistos
<alex.ploumis...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, Feb 27, 2023 at 2:39 AM Globe Trotter via devel
<devel@lists.fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> I am writing a spec file for SliM, the Simple Login Manager for Fedora 37. I
> was thiniking of changing the default login image to the Fedora one. It
> appears that that is stored in the RPM: f37-backgrounds-base and the file is
> /usr/share/backgrounds/f37/default/f37-01-day.png
>
> So, my question is: how do I include both the rpm as well as the file that
> depends on the distribution version.
>
> Now, from  https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/packaging-guidelines/DistTag/
>
> I get that %{dist} or %{?dist} will give me fc37, but this is different, i
> need f37, etc so that an updated spec file is not needed everytime we have an
>  upgrade.

One way to go about it would be to use the %{fedora} variable, e.g.:

Requires:  f%{?fedora}-backgrounds-base

If you are going to maintain EPEL branches as well, you will have to
use a conditional there.