On Thu, Mar 02, 2023 at 11:06:04AM +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 27, 2023 at 06:28:56PM +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> > It seems as if there is some issue with TLS (is gnutls borked on i686?)
>
> Yes as it happens, see the thread here:
>
> https://sourceware.org/pipermail/libc-alpha/2023-March/145992.html

I've filed an upstream bug against gnutls too

   https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/-/issues/1466

it isn't really GNUTLS fault - it has had the time_t ABI breakage
imposed on it by an well meaning change in GNULIB that has had
undesirable consequences.

My suggested workaround in Fedora is --disable-year2038

  https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/gnutls/pull-request/78

which is what the Fedora wget maintainer has also done for thue
same time_t ABI comapt problem.

If any other Fedora maintainer looks after packages that use GNULIB,
then it is quite likely that they also need to add --disable-year2038
to their specfiles to avoid i686 brokenness when talking to any
non-glibc libraries that use time_t, or exposing a library using time_t

With regards,
Daniel