Kenneth Goldman kirjoitti 1.3.2023 klo 22.35:
https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/package-maintainers/Packaging_Tutorial_
GNU_Hello/

The tutorial says:

Lines which are not needed (e.g. BuildRequires and Requires) can be
commented out with the hash # for now.

However, I believe that this line is needed.  I'm new so perhaps I'm missing
something.

BuildRequires: gcc

Hello Kenneth,

Thank you reporting the problems you have with the tutorial here on devel. This kind of feedback is really useful for improving the tutorial. I can see how it can be confusing in its current form. The root of the problem here seems to be that the tutorial first instructs to create a new specfile with rpmdev-newspec, then to replace it with a different initial specfile, and then later goes back to discussing something that was in the rpmdev-newspec's variant. The Requires: and BuildRequires: in the line you quote refer to that.

I wrote a pull request to improve this [1]. Please take a look.

[1]: https://pagure.io/fedora-docs/package-maintainer-docs/pull-request/115