On Sun, Mar 5, 2023 at 1:31 AM David Michael <fedora....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Okay, thanks for all the feedback.  I interpret this as essentially
> requiring the use of the glibc Rust target for inclusion in Fedora, so
> the changes on the Fedora side would be reduced to adding a couple
> dozen crates and ideally supporting the kernel as a guest.  That
> shifts the bulk of the work to getting glibc fully supported upstream,
> and running a not-quite-as-secure build until then.  I'll investigate
> this, and if there are no other blockers, maybe I can start sending
> review requests for the glibc build.

Sounds great!
If you need help with the Rust packaging side of things, feel free to
reach out. The Rust SIG is available on the "rust" list, in
"#fedora-rust" on irc.libera.chat, or in the "Fedora Rust" room on the
Fedora Matrix server. Either me or somebody else should be able to
help pretty quickly if you're having trouble with Rust packaging
toolchain, or if you need reviewers for packages for new crates.

Fabio