On Tue, Mar 28, 2023 at 2:01 PM Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek
<zbys...@in.waw.pl> wrote:

> Hmm, that'd mean thousands of pull requests… I think if we agree to
> this, it would make sense to just push a fix directly. Each pull request
> ticket is a few mails, and with 8096 expected pull requests, that is
> quite a lot of churn.

As someone who has migrated all of their packages
to SPDX, I don't really have a lot of skin in the process
chosen to move forward.  I do agree a pull request is
a nice thing to do.  It gives the packager one last
opportunity to do the work on their own schedules
and workflows, but any packager who has not yet
done the work (after all the reminders, hints, and
announcements of tools to make things easier)
seems (to me) unlikely to be waiting for that pull
request to finally do the work.  It is probably time to
just announce the push(es) and just do it.  Yes,
some packagers will complain about a PP using
their authorities, but it is not as if they will not have
had many many many months to do the work in
advance, soI would suggest you just announce
and push forward.