On Wed, Mar 1, 2023 at 3:28 PM Jerry James <loganje...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The maintainers of the packages I am about to mention are BCCed on this email.

And that is true of this email as well.

> A couple of months ago, I talked about updating the fontawesome-fonts
> package to version 6.x.  I want to give an update on where things
> stand.  See https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/jjames/FontAwesome6/
> for builds of affected packages.  All changes have been checked into
> my forks of the affected packages (username "jjames").  Here's a quick
> rundown of the changes.

The FontAwesome 6 Change proposal was accepted.  I have created a side
tag, have built both the new backwards compatibility
fontawesome4-fonts package and  the updated fontawesome-fonts package
in it.  I will start filing PRs momentarily for the other packages.
Package maintainers, until the side tag is merged back into Rawhide,
please use the following command to build the affected packages:

fedpkg build --target=f39-build-side-65584

As a reminder, these are the packages that will need to be changed and built:

- cantata
- dogtag-pki
- freeipa
- ipsilon
- python-acme
- python-f5-sdk
- python-nbclassic
- python-networkx
- python-pydata-sphinx-theme
- python-QtAwesome
- python-sphinx_ansible_theme
- python-streamlink
- python-XStatic-Font-Awesome
- R-fontawesome
- sympa
- texlive

Once all builds are complete and the side tag has been merged into
Rawhide, the fontawesome5-fonts package will be retired.  Let me know
if you have any questions or concerns.
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/