I have been maintaining spyder in Fedora for sometime now. Since the time I took up maintaining spyder, the dependencies have expanded considerably (I have packaged several of these dependencies in the past). Unfortunately, I am not able to devote as much as time as needed to maintain this package (at least in working condition) anymore.

I should point out that there are specific version dependencies for certain packages (e.g. ipython) that are not in sync with Fedora. I have relaxed the dependencies in the Fedora package (so that spyder continues to work, albeit with some issues). I did start updating spyder to 5.4.x series. Two more packages need to be packaged. See COPR -

https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/nonamedotc/spyder/builds/

Is anyone interested in maintaining spyder and potentially its dependencies? Some of these dependencies are being maintained by python-sig already. I will be happy to continue on as co-maintainer and try to help out when I can.

Thanks.

Mukundan.

--
GPG Key: E5C8BC67