On to, 27 huhti 2023, Stephen Smoogen wrote:
On Wed, 26 Apr 2023 at 22:32, Alexander Bokovoy <aboko...@redhat.com> wrote:

On ke, 26 huhti 2023, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
>On Wed, Apr 26, 2023 at 07:23:10PM +0100, Chris Kelley wrote:
>> One thing I still don't understand is why all of our java packages are
>> orphan-affected by the orphaning of java-1.8.0-openjdk. None of them
>> BuildRequires a JDK, and the source/target/release values for the
packages
>> range from 6 to 17. Can anyone shed some light on this please?
>
>What do you mean by 'orphan-affected'?
>
>I only see java-1.8.0-openjdk orphaned... what are the other packages
>you see and how are they affected?

Packager dashboard shows that resteasy is depending on
java-1.8.0-openjdk but it is not. When I don't have java-1.8.0-openjdk
installed and attempt to install build dependencies for resteasy
package, I don't see it pulling in java-1.8.0-openjdk:

Doesn't that also need to cover all of the build requires for those
components also? It isn't just that a package may need it in an install, it
may also need it to be rebuilt.

The graph in the packager dashboard is showing that resteasy directly
depends on java-1.8.0-openjdk which is not true.

It may be a bug in the original data gathering script as well.

Right now dogtag-pki is off the hook, nothing shows that it is
'orphan-impacted'. However, for ecj I still get that and it shows
explicit dependency on java-1.8.0-openjdk as well while ecj has
following list of dependencies:

Build dependencies:
- ant
- java-11-openjdk-devel
- javapackages-local

Binary dependencies:
- (java-headless or java-11-headless or java-1.8.0-headless)
- /usr/bin/bash
- javapackages-filesystem

Perhaps, the generator takes an explicit mentioning of
java-1.8.0-headless as the required dependency?

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy
Sr. Principal Software Engineer