Hey Zbigniew,

On Mon, 2023-05-08 at 19:57 +0000, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
> On Mon, May 08, 2023 at 09:24:08AM -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > I'm broadly in favor here, some comments in line...
> >
> > ...snip...
> > > First, we want to ensure that there are up to date
> > > [https://src.fedoraproject.org/container/fedora-toolbox
> > > fedora-toolbox] OCI images published on
> > > [https://registry.fedoraproject.org/ registry.fedoraproject.org]
> > > as
> > > release-blocking deliverables at critical points in the
> > > development
> > > schedule, just like the installation ISOs for the Editions from
> > > [https://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/
> > > download.fedoraproject.org].  This must at least happen when an
> > > upcoming Fedora release is branched from Rawhide, and for the
> > > Beta and
> > > Final release candidates.  If possible, they should be updated
> > > more
> > > frequently as part of the nightly composes.  We do not expect
> > > this to
> > > happen after a Fedora release has gone GA.
>
> I think we need some clarity wrt. to the dependency order here.
> Let's say we:
> > In order to do this at branch point, we will need to move building
> > this
> > image into the compose process and mark it blocking.
> OK, so we build things, but then we need to publish to registry.fp.o,
> which is asynchrounous (?). When we test the newly built ISOs, do
> we test them also with the latest image that we get from
> registry.fp.o?
> And if we find a bug anywhere in this pipeline, we respin everything?

That's our expectation, yes.

When we apply the test criteria to a compose, if the freshly composed
fedora-toolbox OCI images don't meet the test criteria on hosts running
the freshly composed Fedora ISOs, then we track down the bugs, get them
fixed, re-compose, and try again.  Currently, this will happen for the
Beta and Final release candidates.

Cheers,
Rishi