Il 26/05/23 19:39, Kevin Fenzi ha scritto:
> FESCo has been asked about creating company related groups.
> ( https://pagure.io/fesco/issue/2966 and https://pagure.io/fesco/issue/2929 )
> ie, foocorp-sig / foocopr-packagers. These groups would then be used to
> help maintain packages that foocorp finds of interest/value.
> This would help companies manage the people they pay to contribute.
> It would allow them to more easily add/remove employees as time goes on
> instead of someone having to go and add/remove someone from a bunch of
> packages.

I'd like this to happen. While Fedora users are doing a great job in
maintaining packages in their free time, I think having payed employees
working on this can enhance package quality and overall Fedora stability
in its whole. We just make sure no one is sponsored into packager group
only because they are added to a company group... they still have to
prove their understanding in Fedora packaging guidelines.

I'd say that these groups should be distinguished from SIGs by using a
different suffix, i.e. 'foocorp-corp' for grouping by company interests
in contrast to 'foo-sig' for grouping packages by specific 'foo' area or
'foo' stack.

I would be however against having a group as main admin of packages.
Groups can already be set as main POC for bugs and this is enough, IMO.
The primary maintainer should be a real person, while a group can be set
as admin of a package.

Mattia