On 5/31/23 9:44 AM, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
On Wed, May 31, 2023 at 03:32:09PM +0200, Vitaly Zaitsev via devel wrote:
On 31/05/2023 14:53, Jiri Vanek wrote:
It is built from sources of course!
What make you think it is not?
For double ensurenes, see the fesco ticket in proposal.

IMO, repackaging prebuilt RPM packages is not building from sources.

The prebuilt RPMs are compiled on Fedora infrastructure too, so I don't
see how that violates the 'build from source' requirement.

We do similar things in other cases, see for example shim-unsigned.rpm +
shim.rpm

Will user be able to download SRPMS like

  dnf download --source java...

and get a real source RPM that can be rebuilt or the SRPM will have a prebuilt tarball and the user will need to hunt down the real SRPM, and do things like using a VM or container to built that, for later rebuild the "binray" SRPM from the Fedora repos?

take care,
   Gerd