Il 30/05/23 20:37, Aoife Moloney ha scritto:
> This document represents a proposed Change. As part of the Changes
> process, proposals are publicly announced in order to receive
> community feedback. This proposal will only be implemented if approved
> by the Fedora Engineering Steering Committee.
>
> == Summary ==
>
> This is the last step in
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MoveFedoraJDKsToBecomePortableJDKs
> effort. Jdks in fedora are already static, and we repack portable
> tarball into rpms. Currently, the portbale tarball is built for each
> Fedora and Epel version. Goal here is to build each jdk
> (8,11,17,21,latest (20)) only once, in oldest live Fedora xor Epel and
> repack in all live fedoras.

If I understand this correctly, this just means that java package built
on Fedora x-2 will be tagged also in Fedora x-1, Fedora x and Rawhide.
Am I correct?

If so, maybe the proposal needs a better wording rather than "repack in
all live fedoras", as that sounds like RPMs are "repacked" in some way,
but the truth is that the same RPM is made available in several Fedora
repositories.

Mattia