On Saturday, 03 June 2023 at 14:42, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
[...]
> My $0.02: maintaining complex desktop applications as part of the operating
> system requires significant effort and produces low value for users when you
> can easily install that app from Flathub instead. (It *especially* doesn't

"easily install from Flathub" brings us closer to Windows where you
"easily" install software from random places on the Internet and they
bring their own bundled outdated versions of libraries. Flatpaks have
the added downside of not integrating well with the OS on top of the
bloat they bring. No, thank you. I'd rather have proper well-integrated
RPMs installed from official distro repos.

Regards,
Dominik
--
Fedora   https://fedoraproject.org