On Mon, Jun 5 2023 at 04:49:07 PM -0400, Demi Marie Obenour <demioben...@gmail.com> wrote:
“several hundred megabits a second on tap at all times” is completely out of the question for the majority of the world’s population. I’m not sure what the median bandwidth in the developing world is, but it is far
FAR less than that, not to mention often being metered.

My standard response to concerns about image size is to point to:

https://blogs.gnome.org/wjjt/2021/11/24/on-flatpak-disk-usage-and-deduplication/

Endless OS is designed for developing world users with metered connections or nonexistent connections, where updates have to be manually copied from a device that does have an internet connection to other devices via a USB stick. All the apps are Flatpaks.