On středa 14. června 2023 12:37:24 CEST Pavel Raiskup wrote:
> On čtvrtek 8. června 2023 17:42:13 CEST Pavel Raiskup wrote:
> > Hello maintainers!
> >
> > Copr builders have been updated to Fedora 38 today (some old builders
> > might still be running F37 ATM, but when they finish the task(s) they
> > work on, they will be deleted). Our testsuite is passing just fine, so
> > you _should_ be fine too :-).  Please let us know if you have some
> > troubles.
> >
> > There was one important change in Fedora 38 - RPM switched to the
> > Sequoia crypto backend.  It refuses SHA-1 in crypto;  which basically
> > disallows Mock to properly check EL6 GPG signatures.  To allow further
> > builds, we switched to gpgcheck=0 for all epel-6 chroots.  If you know a
> > better work-around, let me know.
>
> As it turns out, epel-6 config was based on CentOS 6 and EPEL 6, and the
> problem was with the CentOS 6 certificate (not EPEL 6).  With the 1-line
> change [1], epel-6 chroots were changed to RHEL+EPEL instead of
> CentOS+EPEL, so we can again use `gpgcheck=1` (even on F38).
>
> [1]
> https://pagure.io/fedora-infra/ansible/c/b9c69f5cac314c18a539c42d1ca3bf28e59dd51e

FTR, with DNF5 things just work for some reason.  Which was especially
confusing to me (dnf5 is the default package manager on my workstation):

    https://github.com/rpm-software-management/dnf5/issues/617

Seems like the policy is entirely ignored with dnf5?  I'm not sure, but
if anything - worth debugging.

BTW. without the original problem in hand, this would be spotted much
later.

Pavel