V Tue, Jun 20, 2023 at 03:47:13PM +0000, Mattia Verga via devel napsal(a):
> Il 20/06/23 17:31, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek ha scritto:
> >
> > [1] https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/postgresql/pull-request/59
> >
> > Zbyszek
>
> Isn't the package name required to match the name of specfile?

It is.

But you can work around it by keeping the main package nonexisten (i.e.
moving all files from "%files" section to "%files -n MY_FUNNY_NAME" section and
removing "%files" section).  Source package would retain main package name,
but there wouldn't be any binary package of that name.

But I'm not sure whether relengs won't protest that they have multiple
source packages with the same name in a sources repository.

-- Petr