On Wed, Jun 21, 2023 at 1:18 PM Dan Horák <d...@danny.cz> wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Jun 2023 12:50:13 +0200
> Sandro <li...@penguinpee.nl> wrote:
>
> > On 21-06-2023 10:51, Dan Horák wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have met a package that uses %autorelease and wanted to add a suffix
> > > to the release for my local test build that doesn't have to be
> > > compliant with the official versioning, but just differentiate interim
> > > builds. It's quite common to append eg. ".rhbz123456" or similar
> > > suffices. It looks to me that the current %autorelease doesn't allow
> > > that per [1]. Did I miss something or should I file a RFE?
> > >
> > > [1] https://docs.pagure.org/fedora-infra.rpmautospec/autorelease.html
> >
> > I think '%autorelease -e rhbz123456' should do what you want.
>
> per the docs it adds the string into the "middle"
>
> I would like to achieve NVR like
> systemd-250.10-2.fc36.rhbz123456
>
> which you do with
> Release: 2%{?dist}.rhbz123456
>
> in the classic spec file

I think you should be able to do something like this:
Release:       %{autorelease}.rhbz123456
(I have not tested this since I'm not at my "work" machine right now).
(Wrapping the %autorelease macro in {} is probably necessary to ensure
the .rhbz123456 is not interpreted as an argument to the macro.)

Fabio