>  I believe the GPL asks you never have to make agreement to access GPL
code.

Correct.  Per the GPL if you have the binary you have a legal right to the
code.
Also the GPL does contain clauses that stipulate that outside agreements
cannot excuse anyone from the conditions of the license, see the No
Surrender of Others' Freedom section.

Also keep in mind that you can download the RHEL ISOs for free without a
dev license from this page:
https://developers.redhat.com/products/rhel/download  You can't update the
packages, but you can install that version of RHEL on your computer and use
it.  So anyone grabbing that ISO has legal right to the source code for the
base system.