On 27. 06. 23 21:37, Maxwell G wrote:

If your package is failing with ModuleNotFoundError: No module named
'imp', this is happening because Python 3.12 removed the long deprecated
imp module. As a stopgap measure, you can BuildRequire
python3-zombie-imp package, which allows you to import the imp module
even on Python 3.12. We strongly recommend talking to upstream and
encouraging them to migrate to importlib instead.

The package has `Provides: deprecated()` so that cannot be done without
violating policy.

The idea is that packages that already use (deprecated) imp can migrate to this as a stop gap measure. But no new packages should depend on this.

We could *not deprecate* it instead and submit a change proposal to deprecate it later, but that seems rather useless.

--
Miro Hrončok