On Tue, Jul 18, 2023 at 2:24 PM Maxwell G <maxw...@gtmx.me> wrote:

> On Tue Jul 18, 2023 at 13:47 +0200, Fabio Valentini wrote:
> > On Tue, Jul 18, 2023 at 4:38 AM Maxwell G <maxw...@gtmx.me> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > It seems the fedora-scm-requests processor is creating the initial
> > > repository commits with `releng bot <mob0...@gmail.com>` as the
> > > committer. Does anyone know where this is coming from? Should it be
> > > changed to something @fedoraproject.org?
> >
> > Yeah this is really weird, I see it now in my packages too ...
> > Earliest package created by releng-bot I could find quickly:
> >
> https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/rust-pyo3_0.15/c/fc77732c9f43bc7d472ae1c7de15bf9f90e2b730?branch=rawhide
> >
> > So indeed seems to have been this way since the start.
>
> Yeah, I also noticed this from the beginning and found it strange.
> I requested some packages yesterday, and it occurred to me that maybe
> this wasn't intentional and I should report it :).

I can explain this. When I set up a new fedora account for the releng-bot I
just used my own email address so I could verify the account via email and
get it set up quickly. After that I changed the address in the fedora
account system to an @fedoraproject.org admin address but I guess the tool
did not pick up the change from the account system.

Mark