In one week, 2023-09-05, I plan to update[1] python-databases to 0.8.0 in Rawhide/F40 and in F39.

This release includes some potentially-breaking changes[2]: “In most cases, these changes should not be breaking. However, if using an open transaction across tasks, the active connection (db.connection()) now needs to be explicitly passed to each task.” I have verified compatibility with both dependent packages, python-fastapi and python-slackclient: they build from source and there are no regressions in their extensive test suites.

Regarding updating F39 during the Beta Freeze, I think that the likely benefit of bugfixes to connection and translation isolation outweighs the small chance of a regression slipping through the dependent packages’ test suites.

[1] https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/python-databases/pull-request/1

[2] https://github.com/encode/databases/releases/tag/0.8.0