On 9/14/23 15:50, Fabio Valentini wrote:
On Thu, Sep 14, 2023 at 2:42 PM Colin Walters <walt...@verbum.org> wrote:

On Wed, Sep 13, 2023, at 1:44 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
On Mon, Sep 11, 2023 at 09:20:09AM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
IIRC it was a condition of that proposal that we wind up on a hosted
version of the *open source* release of gitlab, which is something we
managed to talk gitlab into doing for us. IMBW, though, it was a while
ago.

Short version is: yes, we did talk them into that with an informal plan, and
then someone higher up at gitlab pulled the plug on the idea.

FWIW I interact with pagure rarely enough that it is somewhat painful to
context switch each time.  I accept having to deal with both github and gitlab,
but going from 2 to 3 has a real cost, particularly around things like CI
systems.

Switch GitLab and Pagure in that statement and I could say the exact same thing.

Personally, I find the Pagure UI (and GitHub) to be much cleaner and
easier to navigate than the UX mess that is GitLab ...
I even find fully FOSS alternatives like Forgejo (Codeberg) *much*
easier to use than GitLab.

Truly.

GitLab used to be quite nice, back in the day. Nowadays I find it impossible to navigate. Pagure has its oddities and I never been at home there, but it is indeed the (considerably) lesser evil now. And pine for Codeberg (which I use for my personal projects).

    - Panu -