On 29. 09. 23 23:38, Miro Hrončok wrote:
On 29. 09. 23 20:32, Sérgio Basto wrote:
Hi,

Hi.

Recent build of some packages like opencv and an old gpgme shows that
python-3.12 disutils has gone for good , but just after all mass
rebuilds and recently , what you advice to do ?

It has been gone for since the Python 3.12 rebuild in June.

Perhaps some required package transitively pulled in python3-setuptools? That package provides it's own (forked) implementation of distutils.

Any quick way to replace distutils ? the python 3.12 final release,
currently is scheduled for 2023-10-02 ...

For building, I encourage trying to BuildRequire python3-setuptools and observing if it helps.

Some links with actual build failures would be helpful.

The failure in https://koschei.fedoraproject.org/package/opencv looks like:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'numpy.distutils'

That is related to this numpy update:

https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/numpy/c/200eb18e3f617dddb9702fcbc025236f81d6024f?branch=rawhide

I've added -1 karma to the Fedora 39 update.

https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2023-e1b5f14c24

--
Miro Hrončok