On Fri, 6 Oct 2023 16:19:12 +0200
Matthias Saou <matth...@saou.eu> wrote:

> On Thu, 05 Oct 2023 13:51:03 -0700
> Adam Williamson <adamw...@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>
> > > An update has been proposed:
> > > https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2023-f71507e281
> >
> > The bug still needs to be accepted as an FE for this to make final,
> > though. https://pagure.io/fedora-qa/blocker-review/issue/1382
>
> Has the fix been fully tested by someone? I have just tried,
> and re-created an initrd with that one line added, then re-created the
> Fedora 39 Beta iso image with the modified initrd, and it no longer
> gets stuck where it did (yay!), but shortly after it now stays for
> multiple minutes on this:
>
> Job dev-mapper-live\x2drw.device/start running (Xmin Ys / 50min)
>
> I'll continue trying and poking around... and I hope it's just me
> doing something wrong.

False alarm, it seems, it works!

I'm still not sure what I could have done wrong, but after this F39
issue, I wanted to check the fix with F37 and F38, so I went ahead and
created a quick little generic script to avoid any manual errors:

https://gist.github.com/thias/22efc28196e26fa5ce7fecfc04e189f2

With Fedora 37, it fixed the boot! With Fedora 38, it fixed the boot!
And with Fedora 39 Beta.... it also fixed the boot!

Thanks to all involved, and looking forward to once again spread Fedora
live testing from GRUB iso boot!

Matthias