Hello folks,

you might know I run a script that generates

https://churchyard.fedorapeople.org/orphans.txt
https://churchyard.fedorapeople.org/orphans.json

The script is located at
https://pagure.io/releng/blob/main/f/scripts/find_unblocked_orphans.py

I try to monitor the output and whenever it is stuck, I restart it.

Every 2 weeks I try to save a copy of the generated file and send it to the devel list, devel announce list and the affected maintainers.

Every branching, the script needs (trivial) changes.

When I see packages orphaned for 6+ weeks, I retire them.

I took this task a coupe years back because I was not satisfied with the status quo at that time (packages orphaned for year+ lingering in the distro).

The task is semi-automated but not fully. After almost 5 years, I think it's time to pass this to somebody else. Preferably to somebody who would enjoy automating it entirely.

I can provide all the details about the operation if you want to become the reaper's apprentice.

Please do let me know. I believe this process is essential for the health of Fedora but I'd like to be relieved of this task.

--
Miro Hrončok