On Thu, 19 Oct 2023 at 06:02, Andreas Schneider <a...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, 19 October 2023 10:20:52 CEST Richard Hughes wrote:
> > Hi all,
>
> Hi,
>
> > I've orphaned argyllcms -- I'm no longer using the package, and
> > haven't worked on color management for some time. If anyone wants to
> > take on the package the upstream source is chucked over the wall (no
> > source control) every few months, and it sometimes needs patches to
> > fix the Linux support. Ohh and it uses jam as the build system
> > upstream, which in honesty is going to be easier to rewrite with
> > automake or meson before building. I'm happy to give advice to the new
> > maintainer. Apologies,
>
> we don't have displaycal in the distribution anymore? :-(
>
> https://github.com/eoyilmaz/displaycal-py3
>

> This required it, it sounds like nobody uses Fedora for color work
> anymore.
> That would be sad.

Very few people were doing it before. Color work is a 'niche' field in any
distribution so unless people are paying for it, it is probably going to
come and go as people get interested in it, work on it for a while, and
then go do something else. That is the sadness of life.

--
Stephen Smoogen, Red Hat Automotive
Let us be kind to one another, for most of us are fighting a hard battle.