On Wed, Nov 8, 2023 at 1:03 PM Richard W.M. Jones <rjo...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 08, 2023 at 06:49:19AM -0500, Neal Gompa wrote:
> > On Wed, Nov 8, 2023 at 6:39 AM Richard W.M. Jones <rjo...@redhat.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Normally I get an email when someone creates a merge request on a
> > > Fedora package that I'm (co-)maintaining.  However I don't seem to
> > > have got an email about this specific request:
> > >
> > >   https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/libguestfs/pull-request/8
> > >
> > > and I wonder why.  (Checked filters etc already.)
> > >
> > > One thing that did happen recently is we moved the libguestfs mailing
> > > list to a new host, and that meant dropping the old email address
> > > (libgues...@redhat.com) but AFAIK I don't think that email address is
> > > involved here.
> > >
> > > Also:
> > >

> > > https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/libguestfs/settings#publicnotifications-tab
> > >   -> "Pull-requests notifications"
> > >
> > > the field is empty.  I don't recall ever encountering this field or
> > > setting it for any Fedora project.  I checked a few other projects I
> > > maintain and they are also empty.
> >
> > Do you have notifications configured in
> > notifications.fedoraproject.org? I believe no notifications are
> > configured by default.
>
> It says:
>
>   My Rules
>
>     No Rules
>     [Create a Rule]
>
> I don't recall ever touching this.

That's the new notifications system, where everybody started off with
a clean slate.
Apparently migrating settings from the old notifications system to the
new one was not feasible.
However, the old notifications system is *not* decommisioned yet, so
the fact that you've not set up the new one does not matter (yet).

So to me this sounds like there was just some hiccup somewhere that
resulted in the email not being sent.

Fabio