On Sun, Nov 12 2023 at 01:48:25 PM +0100, Robert-André Mauchin <zebo...@gmail.com> wrote:
So while I appreciate the caution, I think it's OK to just enable the BMFF code by default (perhaps have an option to disable it, if someone is still for some reason worried, but imo that would be an unfounded worry). Otherwise most of the modern image codecs (jp2, jxl, avif and heic) end up being unsupported by default, for no good reason, which seems a
suboptimal situation.

Hi, Fedora already supports all of these except for HEIC (for good reasons). Honestly it doesn't seem like there is a real serious concern here.

Michael