On Thu, 2023-11-30 at 18:09 +0100, Florian Weimer wrote:
> Again, some of these are false positives.

        Hi,
I think the errors from the configure time of the script are not always
problems, are they? At least in the case of the evolution-data-server,
it's half a problem and half expected.

Specifically, one "configure" (there is used CMake) check tries to
figure out whether gethostbyname_r() has five arguments. It does not in
Fedora, thus a) there are passed no enough arguments to the function;
b) there are incompatible types passed to the function. Both are
claimed by gcc. The second is due to the first. The result of this
"source compiles" test is correct, the function does not have five
arguments.

Another "configure" check used incorrect arguments in error. I
corrected it for the development version [1], which should be released
at the beginning of the next year.

I can workaround the first problem by doing the check only when needed,
but I do not think tests like these are supposed to not break.

        Bye,
        Milan

[1]
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution-data-server/-/commit/55558d3c23e68aada59c5deb59a664aea263f075