On 21/12/2023 14:33, Steven A. Falco wrote:
On 12/21/23 08:53 AM, Neal Gompa wrote:
On Thu, Dec 21, 2023 at 8:52 AM Leigh Scott <leigh123li...@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm -1 for this change, it shouldn't be enabled by default as it will cause issues for users using router mac filtering.

What this seems to state is that the MAC address would be unique for
each SSID, but once it's picked, it would be locked in. That should
still make router-level MAC filtering possible, since the MAC address
would be stable for that network.

What would happen on a network where I've set up the DHCP server in my router to map mac addresses to static IP addresses?  Sounds like I'd have to disable the feature, at least on my home network.

Either that or you would make a one off change to your DHCP server
to use the new per-network MAC address instead of the old one.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (t...@compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/