On Mon, 2024-01-08 at 16:10 +0000, Aoife Moloney wrote:
> I'll get the EOL-close script running again, it kept timing out so I
> thought it was finished but clearly not - my mistake and apologies :-/

Just so folks are aware, the EOL closure uses a script:
https://pagure.io/fedora-pgm/pgm_scripts/blob/main/f/closebugs/fedora_bz.py
which runs bug-by-bug - so it comments on, or closes, one bug at a
time. This means it takes a very long time to do the ~2-3k bugs that
are typically commented-on then closed at EOL time.

Doing it this way was Ben's preference (he wanted to be able to see
that every bug was updated and get a notice from the script for any
single bug change that failed), but if it causes problems for Aoife we
can have it mass-update bugs instead, since Bugzilla and its API allow
that (now, they probably didn't when the predecessors to this script
were written). I'll just have to check with the BZ admin whether
there's any upper limit on how many bugs you can request a mass change
to at once.
--
Adam Williamson (he/him/his)
Fedora QA