On 12/09/2010 01:27 PM, Jiri Moskovcak wrote:
> On 12/09/2010 01:08 PM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
>> On 12/09/2010 09:59 AM, Jiri Moskovcak wrote:
>>> Just a wild idea - ABRT detects the dupes even locally so we can make
>>> ABRT to allow reporting the bug to bz only if it happened more then once
>>> (or some other threshold):)
>>
>> Dont we loose hard to catch odd ball bugs if that's implemented?
>>
>> JBG
>
> yes, but those bugs are usually the reason why maintainers are
> complaining about ABRT..

Reporters also complain about this for the same reason:

Reporters who are facing an ABRT alert, which complains about missing
179 debuginfos (+ have to contact their sys admin to become root and run
debuginfo-install), who then notice that debuginfo-install installs only
21 debuginfos, just to be finally able to submit a report, then notice
this report is worthless (no reproducer) and thus is very likely to be
will be ignored, isn't helpful to users either and drives them away from
ABRT.

Ralf