On Thu, Jan 4, 2024 at 5:23 PM Fabio Valentini <decatho...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am planning to push the update for dav1d v1.3.0 to rawhide. It
> involves an soname bump from libdav1d.so.6 to libdav1d.so.7 due to
> minor ABI changes. According to the release notes, there are were no
> actual breaking changes to existing APIs, so the update should be
> safe:
>
> https://code.videolan.org/videolan/dav1d/-/blob/1.3.0/NEWS
>
> As far as I can tell, the following packages will need to be rebuilt:
>
> - ffmpeg
> - firefox
> - libavif
> - libheif
> - seamonkey
> - vlc
> - xine-lib
>
> The builds will be handled in a side-tag by me, other provenpackagers,
> or multimedia-sig members.

I did some test builds in COPR, and they showed no regressions. So I
am running the dav1d v1.3.0 build and necessary rebuilds now, in the
side tag f40-build-side-81354. I will submit an update from the builds
in the side tag as soon as all builds have finished, which should be
later today (or at worst, tomorrow morning, depending on how long the
builds take).

Fabio